For information on booking an Empowerment Initiative speaker, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived Presentation Slides
- Creating a Culture of Kindness: Strategies for Preventing Bullying of Sexual/Gender Minority Youth
- School-Based Approaches to Identifying, Intervening, and Preventing Bullying Behaviors
- Creating a Kinder and Braver World: Strategies to End Bullying
- R U Rdy? Social Media and Bullying Prevention and Intervention
2016 Empowerment Initiative Presentations
Friday, April 15
Evaluating Measurement Invariance with Cross-Cultural Sensitivity
- Sara E. Gonzalez
- 2015-2016 Methodology Applications Series
- Georgian Suite, Nebraska Union, Lincoln, Neb.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This presentation will provide participants with a better understanding of issues related to cross-cultural measurement. Throughout our discussion, we will highlight how to approach measurement invariance from a validity perspective. We will introduce participants to the theory behind building a validity argument and describe different sources of qualitative and quantitative evidence that can be collected to build an argument. A tutorial of the steps needed to test a scale for equivalence across cultural groups using data from the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) will also be provided.
Thursday, July 14
Workplace bullying: Gender discrimination and the importance of creating kinder an braver work environments
- Dr. Susan M. Swearer
- Women in Healthcare Leadership Conference
- Bryan Medical Center East Campus, Lincoln, Neb.
- 12:45 to 3:45 p.m.